BioCare Mag 2:1 Cal contains a combination of the minerals magnesium and calcium in a ratio of two magnesium to one calcium. These minerals are bonded to succinic acid to form bioavailable magnesium and calcium succinate.
Succinic acid is an organic acid involved in the Kreb`s Cycle and forms a mild chelate with minerals such as magnesium and calcium in the gastrointestinal tract.
Features of Mag 2:1 Cal:
- Magnesium is needed to support cardiovascular health;
- Magnesium and calcium are required to support the function of nerves and muscles;
- Magnesium and calcium are important in the skeletal structure and are central to energy release;
- Magnesium is a co-factor in many enzyme systems and hormones;
- Calcium is needed for the formation and maintenance of bones and teeth;
- Calcium helps to support blood lipid health;
- Calcium and Magnesium may help to support sleep patterns;
- Succinic acid improves absorption of minerals.